What To Pack To Start Your Recovery Journey
We understand that many of our clients come to us in a time of crisis when they are struggling at the peak of their addiction. We therefore suggest that you ask a friend or family member to help you prepare and pack for rehab.
If you forget anything that you find you need, don’t panic; we can easily make arrangements for the items to be purchased locally, or delivered from your home.
Please bring with you:
- Prescribed medications in the original box – any medications that you are legitimately prescribed to take on a regular basis as well as your doctors contact details. It’s important they are in the original box, otherwise we can’t confirm they are your medications and/or the correct dosage levels.
- Toiletries – you will need personal toiletries during your stay, such as: toothpaste, toothbrush, hair brush, shampoo, shower gel, non aerosol deodorant, alcohol free mouthwash, hairdryer, moisturiser, sanitary wear.
- Nightwear – Pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers.
- Clothing – e.g t-shirts, underwear, jumpers, sweatshirts, jeans, trainers, jogging bottoms, vests, coat, boots, shoes. Please ensure your clothes are suitable for the time of year and are comfortable for both indoor and outdoor wear.
- Towel – Please bring a bath towel and a hand towel or towels with you. We have laundry facilities.
- Mobile phone – Mobile phone use is restricted to ensure your attention stays focused on your recovery, but access is allowed for certain periods of the evening and weekends.
- Personal items and sundries – Please bring with you cash, debit/credit card for additional food items, toiletries, stamps, cards, cigarettes, tobacco, vape liquid. Your cash and cards will be kept in the rehab safe until you require them. Use of them will supervised for your safety.
- Paperwork – Please bring details of any appointments that you have not had the time to rearrange and any important paperwork that will need to be dealt with during your stay. Our office administration staff will be happy to help you with this.
- Photos of family and loved ones – these are permitted providing their content is appropriate.
Please do not bring with you:
- Alcohol or illicit drugs – These will not be permitted on PCP premises. We are not telling you to stop drinking or using drugs before you admit, as this could be dangerous; just be aware that once in our care we will takeover medically. Many of our patients come to us intoxicated, please do not be ashamed if this is the case, we are very experienced in dealing with intoxication.
- Expensive jewellery or precious items – We would prefer you to leave these items at home or put them in our rehab safe. We wouldn’t want you to lose or misplace anything of monetary or sentimental value during your stay.
- Any medication that is not legitimately prescribed
- Perfumes and aerosols – these items can be abused and so are not permitted
- Any over the counter medicines, unprescribed
- Sharp objects that could be used potentially to self harm or harm another
Please note: Any items that you bring that can be abused, or are considered dangerous, will be kept in our office safe and returned to you on completion of treatment. We do not allow any aerosol cans or items containing alcohol in our rehabs.
If you have any questions prior to admission regarding what to bring with you, please speak to a member of our team.